One of the YouTube Vloggers that got me through the dark days of last year was Taz from ClickForTaz. She’s a British Vlogger who is so relatable in her adulting struggles. This blog is inspired by her. She does these forced glow ups every time she’s down to help herself get into a better mental space. I’m going to be doing the same. The past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of crazy in India with the new wave of COVID. My mental health has been at an all time low as has my physical health. So I’m going to force a glow up in the next two weeks.
What are my goals?
Physical Goals –
- Eat healthy for the next two weeks – no sugar, no junk, no ready to eat food (I’ve slipped a lot on my eating in the last 3 weeks)
- Be vegan for the next two weeks (I’m 3 days/week vegan as of now)
- Workout every day for 45 mins
- Lose 2 kgs
If you’re looking for tips on how to lose weight and maintain it definitely check out Ang’s blog. She is incredibly motivating!
Mental Goals –
- Wake up early every day
- Practice gratitude as soon as I wake up and before sleeping
- No procrastination for the next two weeks
- Move from the bed to my desk to work at (since we’re back to WFH)
- No binge watching shows/content
- No social media (other than for work purpose)
- Limit phone usage time
- No using my phone for atleast 15minutes before sleeping
Other goals –
- Keep my room and workspace neat
- Pick up fun DIY projects that excite me
- Read more
The idea behind a forced glow up is to work on yourself – physically and mentally so that you help yourself get to a better place. It is not something I recommend to others (since I am not a licensed professional to give that sort of advice) but it seems like an exciting challenge to me that might help with my anxiety too by giving me something to focus on. By making it a short term goal, I’m hoping I stick to it. Usually I make plans for 3 months and by the second month I’m already slipping. So here’s hoping! I’ll do an update post in 2 weeks to let you know how I did!
Any tips or tricks to help me achieve my goals? Let me know in the comments! ❤
Linking Taz’s video, if you want to go see it.
Also, do checkout my other recent posts –