I’ve been enjoying writing about myself. It’s been easy to write and fun to share things with you about me. I am scared of a lot of things – I am a HUGE coward but some things scare me more than others. Here are my irrational fears –
1. LIZARDS – These tiny creepy creatures are pretty common in India. Infact you’re bound to find them in every single household. I am TERRIFIED by them to the extent that I can’t be in the room if there’s a lizard in the room. As soon as summers hit my city – my nightmare begins! I’ve literally tried so many sprays and DIYs to repel them from our home but they’ve all been pretty ineffective against these tiny beasts. Most people seem to be able to ignore them but they creep the living hell out of me.
2. FAILURE – I just can’t lose or fail. I used to be such a sore loser while playing sports. I also used to take every failure to heart and beat myself up about it. It’s taken me years to get myself to be more accepting of my failures and mistakes.
3. PIGEONS – I just don’t get this species of birds. They are so unpredictable and do the most brainless things (like fly straight into the fan or straight into glass). They just freak me out so much!
4. UNATTRACTIVE BOOK COVERS – I’m sorry but I just can’t pick up a book that has an unappealing book cover. I can’t even get myself to read the synopsis of the book forget actually read it. Yes, I totally judge a book by it’s cover.
5. BEING UNLIKABLE – I don’t make an effort towards having a lot of people in my life but I totally fear that the people in my life won’t like/love me. It is a fear that makes me do irrational things to make sure they stay. I go out of my way to do things for people and hate if I’m not appreciated. I know this in itself is a very unlikable quality and I’ve been working on caring less about being appreciated/liked.
What are some of your irrational fears? Spill the beans in the comments!
If you haven’t already, checkout my other recent posts –