While I haven’t made any resolutions for 2021, I do feel like there are some aspects about myself that I need to work on. These are qualities or traits about myself that bother me a lot. The crazy part is that even though I see myself repeat these – I don’t do much to change them. So I am putting this out here, in writing, to make sure I work on them.
- Stop procrastinating – The amount of time I waste procrastinating – putting off basic tasks – amazes me. I wasn’t like this but something just went wrong in 2020 and I have started procrastinating A LOT. I really want to work on this aspect this year.
- Ask people for help – I am a control freak. I also don’t trust that people will be able to do things exactly how I want it done – hence, I end up doing all my work myself. As I have newly started my own venture, it has gotten so much harder to manage all my work on my own and yet I find it extremely hard to trust anyone to do my work. Even something as simple as making copies – gives me anxiety to trust someone else to do it properly. I am also scared to ask for help – because it makes me feel weak. I need to start being able to ask for help.
- Have realistic expectations – Every time I get into something new – I start dreaming about what is going to happen 3-4 years down the line. Eg: When I start a new job, I dream that in 3-4 years I’d have gotten 2 promotions and be practically running the place. Unrealistic expectations that lead to so much disappointment. I want to have realistic expectations from work, people, this blog, vacations, etc.
- Keep in touch better with my friends – Over the past few years, I have become someone that has started enjoying their own company A LOT. Not that that is a bad thing but I have slipped a lot on keeping in touch with my friends. I used to be someone who used to be in touch with even their kindergarten friends but I have slowly become lazy as well as just forgetful and it bothers me since I have lost touch with so many old friends. The newer ones understand me enough to keep in touch themselves but that makes me feel extremely guilty too.
- Be more patient – I used to be the most patient person ever but then my anxiety kicked in and I started seeing myself becoming more impatient with people. I dislike this quality (impatience) most in others as well. Patience is a quality that is realistic (unlike like being kind always) and can make the world such a better place (if people were more patient with each other). I want to work on this quality THE most this year.
Wish me luck on making these changes to myself! 🙂 Are you working on changing anything about yourself? How do you got about it?
Checkout my other recent posts –
- Last Minute Ideas For Mother’s Day
- Things This Pandemic Has Made Me Appreciate
- 4 Addictions That I Find Hard To Fight
- April 2021 Reads + Book Review
- Side Effects Of The Pandemic – In India and South Africa (Collab Post)
Follow my adventures on IG –