*Since the Emmy Awards were announced yesterday, I decided to sit down and respond to the awards that I was tagged for. PS: How many Schitt’s Creek fans here?*
Here is the thing about award tags – I love them but also get lazy about responding to them. I love them because it is a great way to promote other bloggers especially new ones. Also, they are a great way to get to know each other beyond just the things we share and read on each other’s blogs. But sometimes it get’s a little overwhelming to just sit and answer 10+ questions. Though it also makes me feel so good when a blogger nominates me for an award. So you see my conundrum…
I want to start by thanking Anjali from Chasing the Maximum Life and Tia from Tall Blonde Tales . These two in addition to being amazing bloggers are really warm and sweet people. If you aren’t following them, go give their blog some love!
The Liebster Award
Liebster in German means – sweetest, kindest, endearing, beloved and so on. It’s a great initiative to support new blogs.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
- How would someone describe your blogging style? A. I’m not sure if I have a style yet but I think I try to keep my blogs very honest and open. I try to give a fair picture of my world with both the good and the bad.
- Share something unusual about yourself. A. I’ve recently started learning to play the harmonica.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, which 1 TV or film character would you want with you and why? A. That’s a tough one. I’d want someone smart as well as funny to be there with me. Since I’m currently obsessed with this show I’m going to go with Jen Harding from Dead To Me. She’s smart so will probably help me survive and loves wine as much as I do so might help me make some! 😛
- What was an influential song in your life? A. It isn’t just the song. It is also the video. Susan Boyle’s version of ‘ I Dreamed A Dream’ for her Britain’s Got Talent audition. If you haven’t seen it or seen it and love it – linking it here. This song motivates me every time I’m down and out – it gives me goosebumps!
- What is the coolest surprise you always wished somebody would prepare for you? A. I have a very very different reply to this – I’ve stopped depending on people to plan things for me. I have a lot of loved ones but I think I prefer planning things for myself. This also reduces expectations and disappointment with loved ones.
- What’s your favourite sweet treat? A. Baked Cheesecake – NY, Nutella and berry! I love cheesecakes so much. Funnily not a lot of people bake it right especially in India but Big Chill in Delhi and Chantilly cafe in Mumbai are my favourites for cheesecake in India.
- If you could invite anyone to dinner, alive or dead, who would you choose & what would you ask them about? A. I’d invite J.K.Rowling for dinner. Harry Potter has been such a big influence in my life, I’d love to discuss her thoughts on characters and plot lines. But I’d also debate her on her recent views on people’s sexual preferences.
- Describe your dream destination? A. A white sands beach with pristine, clear water and not too many people around. It would be perfect if there was a quiet cafe/shack on the beach too.
- Would you rather Reverse one decision you make every day or be able to stop time for 10 seconds every day? A. Definitely reverse a decision – I do stupid things every day. 😛
- Love or Money? A. Life was made me very practical – I’m going to choose money. 😛
- Your favourite blogger? A. This is very very very tough. I’m not going to pick one because there are so many of them writing amazing blogs but you are one of my favourites! ❤
The Lockdown Tag
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the blogger’s questions
- Nominate other bloggers
Overall, how are you handling the quarantine?
Not too good. I had a very busy and bustling life before and this slowdown is totally driving me crazy. There have been a bunch of personal changes in the last 6 months, so thats added to my general state of anxiety too. But I think I’m doing a little better every week.
Have you violated any of the restrictions? If yes, what rule(s) did you break?
I think I have followed all the rules. I’m too scared to take a chance.
What viral recipes have you tried during the lockdown?
Honestly, none! I cook and bake everyday – so I have tried a lot of new recipes and gotten hooked to baking breads but haven’t tried a single viral recipe.
What activities have you missed the most during quarantine?
Travelling – my soul is craving to get on a flight. Going to the gym – home workouts are great but I love working out in the gym. Going out for night outs with friends.
Do you wear a mask when you leave the house?
Every single time, even if it’s just till the door to collect an order.
Are you an essential worker? If yes, what is your job title?
How do you exercise during the lockdown?
Home workouts – HIIT, cardio workouts. Skipping is the new workout I’ve picked up.
Have you subscribed to any new subscription services since the lockdown started?
No but my usage of the ones I had subscribed to has exponentially increased.
What did/does your daily schedule look like before the pandemic started?
So I’ve switched career paths 3 months back. Pre-pandemic I’d wake up between 6-7AM. Drink coffee, get in a workout, cook lunch and rush to work. Spend the day in office – working as well as chilling with my amazing work friends till around 8PM. Then either go out with friends or head home to cook dinner and watch Netflix.
Do you think that the pandemic is getting better or worse?
It’s definitely getting worse in India but I think it’s getting better everywhere else.
What have you learnt/become grateful for during the lockdown?
I’ve learnt how important it is to stay positive. I’m grateful for frontline workers around the globe who are risking their lives daily to make sure we’re safe.
How do you think the world should learn from this pandemic so that things are better in the future?
How important it is to sensitize people – people refusing to wear masks or maintain social distancing or not following quarantine rules is the main reason for the widespread of this disease. Additionally, I think this pandemic helped people around the world understand how incompetent governments can make the situation worse (such as India & USA) whereas a good government and a good leader can really make a difference (such as New Zealand, Taiwan & Germany).
Thank you for reading through my answers! Let me know if you can relate with them in the comments below.
My Nominees For The Liebster Award:
Tia from Tall Blonde Tales, checkout her incredible lifestyle blog
Wonani from Dose of Wonani for her beautiful posts about life
Dulcy Singh from Stories for her beautiful stories
Kayla from A Couple of B’s for her amazing book reviews
Lashaunta Shanese for all the positivity in the world!
Shruba from Lemongrass for how beautifully she puts words together for her poetry
Karenp2020 from Honest Reviews for her amazing reviews of cafes in Goa
Hemalatha Ramesh from Frame of Soul for her amazing poetry that is sure to move you
Nanthitha from Glee Sparkle checkout amazing recipes and fun posts on her blog
Nathi from Wayward Scribbles for being so supportive and checkout to get to know her better
Shanessa from My days in Montana checkout her cute and positivity filled blog
- If you could wear only one colour for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
- Favourite dessert?
- Which country are you from and if you had to pick a different country to live in, which would you pick?
- A novel you recommend that everyone should read?
- Can you cook? If yes, what’s your favourite dish to cook?
- Pick between – travelling with friends or travelling solo or travelling with your partner.
- Do you prefer outdoors or being indoors?
- A goal for 2020 that you’re still hopeful you’ll manage to do?
- If you could only write about one topic, what would you write about?
- Do you like adventure activities like hikes, rafting, etc.? Have you done any?
- How would you describe your personal fashion style in one word (eg: comfortable)?
The Lockdown Tag nominees are all of you reading this blog. Let me know in the comments how the past few months have been for you!
Stay safe! ❤
Checkout my latest posts: