I’ve procrastinated a lot on the blogger awards I’ve gotten in the past month. But I’ve finally decided to sit and do this. I got two awards in the last month and I’m going to cover both of them in this post.
I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kae. A shoutout for the amazing posts Kae posts! Without a doubt her’s is a blog most people would relate to and enjoy reading with posts on lifestyle, travel and wellness. For starters check-out her amazing blog on how solo travel has changed her life.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your blog post.
1. What did you want to be when you were small? Ans: Till I turned a teen I was pretty divided between becoming a professional tennis player and joining the Indian Army.
2. If you can live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Ans. Honestly, I don’t think I’d like living anywhere other than India. But instead of living in the city, I’d pick living in a small beach town away from the crowd and pollution.
3. Do you hit the snooze button or wake up immediately? Ans. I used to be someone who’d wake up without an alarm really early in the morning. But the last few months have totally messed up my sleep cycle – so now I’m a snoozer!
4. What are your top 3 favourite shows on Netflix? (I need Netflix recos hahah)Ans. I’m going to stay away from the super popular shows (like FRIENDS, The Office, etc.) because I’m sure most people have watched them. I’ll recommend checking out – 1. Dead To Me (linking my review of the show) 2. Schitt’s Creek (again, linking my review of the show) 3. The Good Place
5. What items on your bucket list are you planning to check off in the next 5 years? Ans. Uhm there are a lot of items (50+) on my bucket list but my top picks will be – 1. Road trip in Iceland + Northern Lights 2. Paragliding in Bir Billing (India) 3. Learning surfing 4. Deep sea diving
6. Do you enjoy big parties more or small gatherings? Ans. Definitely small gatherings. I’m an introvert with social anxiety and act totally awkward in big crowds.
7. What is the best gift you have been given? Ans. Illustrated version of “The Tales of Beedle The Bard”. It was super thoughtful considering I’m a total Potter head.
8. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Ans. Invisibility – so I can avoid awkward situations & the ability to fly – so I could fly to all the beautiful places I see on Instagram.
9. What would you do if you win the lottery? Ans. Totally depends on how much money I win. But mostly travel with my parents and show them the world.
10. What are you most terrified of? Ans. LIZARDS!!!!!!!!!! I cannot understand how people aren’t more terrified of lizards. They look so scary even the baby ones. I just can’t!!!
11. If you can be one celebrity or fictional character for a day, who would it be? Ans. HARRY POTTER!
Since the rules remain the same as with the sunshine blog, I’m going to jump to answering the questions.
- If you could describe your view of life in just one color – which color would that be, and why? Ans. Wow, this is a difficult question. I think I’d say blue because all my favourite things are blue – the sky, the ocean and water!
- Imagine that you keep a journal, and one day it suddenly began to think for itself. What would it have to say about you? Ans. “Stop wasting your time thinking about your crush and get down to achieving your goals. You go girl!” 😛
- You have a job – to christen a recently discovered star. What would you name it, and what does that name mean to you? Ans. I’d definitely name it after myself – Moksha. It means nirvana. I like the idea that people that we lose in this world are watching over us as celestial bodies.
- If you could go back in time (any point in the past) and experience the locale of your choice for exactly an hour, what would you choose to explore? Ans. I’d probably go back to Elizabethean Era just to see how uncomfortable those gowns were for the poor women!
- If you could be an exception to a rule, which rule would that be? Ans. I’m not sure if I have a good answer to this. But I’d definitely want to be an exception to – ‘good things take time’.
- What does freedom mean to you? Ans. Being able to do, say, wear, eat what I want, wherever I want.
- You can grant one boon to your childhood self. Would you trust their choice or decide for yourself what to give them? And what would that be? Ans. I’d definitely not trust my childhood self cause I’d just ask for unlimited chocolate. Maybe grant myself foresight to not make some colossal mistakes that I did.
- How did you choose the name of your blog? Ans. My spirit animal is a panda – hence, happy panda.
- What is the one big question regarding this world that puzzles you the most? Ans. How are 7 billion of us fitting on this small piece of land!!!
- Give a word (preferably in your regional language) that truly speaks to you, and if there’s a story to it, do tell! Ans. Pavam (Malayali word) for pure. It’s just what I aspire to be.
- Is there a technology, principle or belief that you think can change the world for the better without any side effects? If the answer is no, do you think humanity – at any point in time – will be capable of designing such a system? Ans. No. Unless we can come up with a technology that can change human nature – there’s nothing that can change the world for better.
My Nominees for the Sunshine Award:
- Lani at Life, the Universe, and Lani – Check out her blog series on Filmy Fridays.
- Nabeeha Jameel at Brain Storms – Check out her post on the twenty things she wants to do before turning 20.
- Srishty Grover at Life of Srish – Check out her Anniversary Letter to her husband.
- Juliette at Sunny Days with Juliette
- PoojaG at Lifesfinewhine – Check our her blog!
- Becks at It’s Just Becks – Check out her travel posts!
- Olivia Blake – Do check out her blog on how to improve your mental health.
- Ankita Bora at The Bora Boutique – Check out her book reviews!
- Markus + Micah – Check out their blog on sustainable living.
- Jeevanjot Ghuman – Check out her blogs!
- Sonali at Blogitwithsonali – Check out her blog!
- An irrational fear of yours?
- A book that you’d recommend to everyone?
- Your choice of poison: coffee or tea?
- Would you prefer escaping to the mountains or to the beach?
- Weirdest dish that you’ve eaten?
- A country/place that you can’t wait to visit?
- Rate in order of preference: money, power, fame.
- If a genie granted you ONE wish, what would you wish for? (No, you can’t ask for more wishes!!)
- What TV show are you currently binging on?
- A dream of yours that came true?
- A skill that you picked up over the last few months at home?
If you’re reading this and want to take part – please do!